2008-04-20

manpage

If anyone is actually intending on installing dehexer, here is the manpage:

.\" Dehexer
.TH dehexer 1 "20 April 2008" "1.0" "dehexer"
.SH NAME
.B dehexer 
is a simple program that converts a file of ascii characters into
the equivalent binary file. Any character not in the range 0-9 or
letters not A-F or a-f are simply ignored.
.SH EXAMPLES
dehexer < 
.I ASCII_FILE 
> 
.I BINARY_FILE
.SH DESCRIPTION
dehexer is used to convert a human-readable (i.e. description of
the bytes) into an actual binary file. Thus we get "0a" is
transformed into the byte 00001010 on disk (of course, it would
actually be the bits themselves).
.SH OPTIONS
None, just do normal I/O redirection.
.SH FILES
.P 
.I /usr/share/man/man1/dehexer.1.gz
.SH SEE ALSO
.BR hexer(1)
.SH BUGS
No known bugs at this time. 
.SH AUTHOR
.nf
Chris Wilson (christopher.j.wilson@gmail.com)
This program is dedicated to the public domain.
.fi
.SH HISTORY
2008 - Written as a compliment to Hal Canary's hexer program.

Gzip the above text and store it in

/usr/share/man/man1/
(at least on my system).

No comments:

twopoint718

About Me

My photo
A sciency type, but trying to branch out into other areas. After several years out in the science jungle, I'm headed back to school to see what I can make of the other side of the brain.